We are excited to announce the rules for the Annual Branson Critic Awards. Please read the rules below on how and where to vote. The voting is for shows seen within 10/1/2011 to 9/30/2012 time frame. Reviews for shows seen between 10/1/2012 and 12/31/2012 will be accepted and applied to next year's awards.
We try to make it as simple as possible for the public and the editors, but remember this is sophisticated process and not simply a poll vote. It requires a thoughtful write-up on the part of the reviewer. If we wanted a push button awards system, we would have installed it, but that minimizes our ability to know if the voter truly has seen the show, understands why they should vote, and can give a logical argument for the show/person they highly recommend. If everyone interested in voting would read these instructions carefully, they would see clearly how to make the biggest impact with their review.
For this award process the terms, "review, nomination, and vote" are synonymous and must be submitted via the review submission page. "Comments" about shows and entertainers are for discussion in the chat forum and will not be counted as a review even if they contain all the ingredients of a review.
1) Reviews will be submitted via the review submission page only. It is the reviewer's choice whether they wish their review to be visible to the public by checking the appropriate box to request their review be uploaded to the public viewing area. However, Branson Critic has the right to accept or reject reviews submitted and/or posted. If your review meets the criteria, it will be counted even if you do not see it posted online. We will try to post as many accepted reviews as possible during the voting period.
2) Reviews must be at least 100 words to be counted toward the award process. Shorter reviews will be accepted and posted, but will not count towards the voting of awards.
3) You may write a review as many times as you have actually seen a show during the season (October 1, and ends at midnight on September 30,). Other members of your family have that same privilege as long as they give their point of view in accordance with the rules. We will only accept 4 email addresses from one IP address.
4) Write each review stating specifically why you are voting for each show/performer.
5) Remember to write an individual review for a specific performer (i.e. someone who caught your eye who may not be in the spotlight all the time). You can write a review for a show and then write a review for a specific person in that show. Why? Very few singers, comedians, or band members have their own show, so point them out to us, individually, so we can recognize those you think do an outstanding job and may not be a headliner.
6) A picture is a great addition to any review and you may submit up to four (4) pictures per review taken during or after the show (since there are shows that do not allow picture taking during the show). All pictures should be approximately 400 x 400 pixels.
7) Each show can only win one (1) fan award. Branson Critic reserves the right to award one additional award if they feel an overwhelming support for a show and choose to recognize such as "Entertainer(s) of the Year." An individual within a show is eligible for an individual award this year also.
8) Any review that is one giant, run-on sentence will be rejected. Do NOT write your review in all caps or all lower-case letters. Start all sentences with a capital letter. Do NOT use smiley faces or other "characters" in your reviews as it makes for harder reading for some. Remember to use the spell-check and grammar-check options! Use periods and commas!
9) Once a review is submitted, the judging of that review for content is solely the discretion of Branson Critic, and we have the right to accept and reject any and all reviews. The effect of any single review should be to try and convince - or make a case - to an impartial judge to choose your opinion over another in the final outcome.
10) There will not be an online accounting of accepted or rejected reviews. An impartial judge will be rating all submitted reviews and making a final award category decision. All award decisions by the judges are final. Award decisions will be posted as soon as possible after the voting period has closed.
11) Possible BRANSON CRITIC Awards (listed alphabetically):
The above listed categories do not guarantee that an award will be given in that category. All other award categories will be determined by the Owner/Administrator, Editors, and Judges at Branson Critic Online Magazine. These rules can be updated at anytime.
Content is and always has been, the most important criterion when writing a review for submission to Branson Critic. As best you can, try to cover all aspects of a show such as:
Please tell readers of your review what to expect when they see the show. Give them some of the "goodies." You know the stuff you would want to know before you see a show. Have fun!
There is a definite responsibility on your part to give Branson Critic your best, true and honest reviews. This same responsibility applies when submitting reviews from your immediate family or possibly a friend who does not have access to a computer. Preventing attempts to abuse this privilege using your computer, is solely your responsibility.
You need to be aware we are able to track computer IP/addresses. Detection of abuse regarding either of these will cause suspicion in the legitimacy of all reviews from your computer.
There will be some reviews that are rejected during the judging process because of previously stated warnings against: too few words, duplications, plagiarism, repetition of content, lack of content, or if we feel someone is intentionally trying to circumvent the award process by flooding the board. These practices will not be tolerated - and you will be taking the risk that all of your reviews will be rejected.
All fans can feel confident in knowing impartial judges will be making all final decisions in which awards will be presented in. Again, all decisions by the judges will be final.
If you, "the fans", do your very best when writing reviews for your favorite performers, you should feel confident you have done what is required to make the judging process go smoothly.
We want to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone for having an interest in the Branson Critic Online Magazine and submitting reviews for your favorite Branson shows and performers. We ask that everyone help us make this an awards program that all performers will take pride in when chosen as an award recipient.